[PageBreakTitle General Information & the Top 15 Reasons to Join Capstone’s Fairs]
HANOI - HAIPHONG - DANANG - NHA TRANG - HO CHI MINH CITY (HCMC)
MARCH 12 - MARCH 20, 2021
1. FALL 2020 INTERNATIONAL BOARDING & DAY SCHOOL FLEX-FAIRS FAIRS
We are pleased to invite you to join our popular International Boarding & Day School Flex-Fairs from Friday, 12 March to Saturday, 20 March in Hanoi, Haiphong, Danang, Nha Trang, and Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC)
We have combined these fairs with our higher education fairs for the sake of efficiency, because quite a few parents ask about institutions at both levels, and because there has been growing demand in locations outside of Hanoi and HCMC, depending upon overall cost. Let us know if you're interested in joining any of the cities other than Hanoi and HCMC, and we'll let you know if we think it's a good use of your time and school budget, based on local market demand.
Because of the ongoing COVID-19 global pandemic, we have increased the variety of participation options, including online, hence the reference to “flex-fairs.” While the situation in Viet Nam has returned to normal, thanks to the proactive efforts of the government and the cooperation of the people, we realize that many colleagues will not be able to travel internationally in the short terms.
While overall demand has decreased in the current academic year for reasons you’re all familiar with, e.g., parent and student concerns about COVID-19, financial constraints, in some cases, and host country limitations, there is still strong interest in overseas study. Looking ahead to fall 2021, this is still a great time to begin, or continue, your recruiting efforts in this dynamic market.
Demand for an overseas boarding & day school education remains strong among Vietnamese parents who can afford this life-changing experience for their children. Viet Nam has the third fastest-growing percentage of ultra-high-net-worth individuals in the world, according to Knight Frank, and boasted one of the fastest-growing economies in the world – before COVID-19. In addition, Vietnamese are among the most optimistic in the world about their economic prospects, including post-COVID-19 recovery.
Under normal (non-COVID-19) circumstances, we are joined by Mr. Taylor Smith, our Senior Educational Adviser for North America who is a retired head of school.
Surrogate and Virtual Participation Options: Since regular representation will probably not be possible in spring 2021, here are some other options for you to consider:
1) A currently enrolled student who is studying online in Viet Nam;
2) Parents of a currently enrolled student or recent graduate;
3) In country alumni or faculty; and
4) Online participation with the assistance of a student volunteer*
Same cost as regular participation, plus any relevant domestic travel expenses.
2. GENERAL INFORMATION
Fairs are an excellent way to introduce your institution to students and parents who are eager for information about study opportunities and summer programs at international boarding and day schools. In addition to the fairs, representatives are strongly encouraged to participate in school visits, which usually have a mini-fair format.
Capstone Vietnam’s International Boarding & Day School Fairs benefit both Vietnamese students and overseas boarding & day school representatives in the following ways:
For International Boarding & Day Schools
- An opportunity to meet serious prospective students and parents
- A chance to create or expand brand awareness for your school in Vietnam
- An opportunity to visit Vietnamese schools; and
- Post-fair follow-up via email and phone conducted by Capstone’s educational advisers
For students and parents
- An opportunity to learn about the many advantages of an overseas boarding & day school education, including summer programs
- An opportunity to meet with representatives of excellent boarding and day schools from North America, Europe and other regions
- Free initial advising provided to all attendees for all participating schools. The entire fee is refunded, except visa counseling, if desired, if students ultimately enroll in a partner school. (Capstone treats parents and students as clients, which means our advisers always look for best-fit schools for students, regardless of the status of the short-listed schools, i.e., partner or non-partner.)
Capstone Vietnam Services
- Quick and convenient online registration;
- Institutional profile in the fair guide, which is distributed to all fair attendees, high school students, in our offices, at high schools until the next fair series, and on the Capstone website via its CRM system and a searchable database. (Note: Your institutional profile gives you exposure at all of the fairs, including the ones you choose not to participate in.);
- Advertising opportunities in the fair guide, which amplify your message to students and message, even in fair cities in which you’re not present;
- Additional logistical services (domestic flight booking, hotel reservations, ground transportation);
- Qualified, pre-screened student volunteers/interpreters;
- Convenient and reliable shipping of your materials via Air Concepts or OCS, OR the less costly option of in-country printing at substantial cost savings;
- Translation and printing of promotional materials, a fee-based service;
- Pre-event, fee-based digital marketing opportunities designed to shine a brighter spotlight on your institution and its key selling points with the goal of driving more traffic to your table;
- Authoritative and detailed country briefing and discussion;
- Ample time for discussion and consultation with Dr. Ashwill and his staff during “fair week” (this, of course, depends upon how many fairs you plan to join);
- You receive the contact information of the students who visit your table at the fairs and at the high schools you visit;
- Follow-up via email and telephone on leads generated by the fairs and high school visits starting with those classified as “hot leads”.
15 Reasons to Join Our Fairs:
1- Quality: The quality of our service, staff, student volunteers, marketing, fair guide and other materials.
2- Superior service: During their time here, we take good care of our fair colleagues both professionally and personally, if needed or requested.
3- Reputation: Capstone Vietnam is one of Viet Nam’s leading educational consulting companies. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation, excellence, and ethical business practices. While our official slogan is Reaching New Heights, we wholeheartedly embraced the unattributed saying, Success Without Integrity is Failure.
4- Location: The fairs are offered in key primary and secondary markets representing all three regions of Viet Nam. Let us know if you have any questions about which cities are most suitable for your institution and its unique profile.
5- Outreach to local public, private and international schools that send sizable numbers of students to many English speaking countries for secondary education. This includes large group meetings, classroom visits and mini-fairs. (We try to arrange mini-fairs, whenever possible.)
6- Convenient and quick online registration and access to important fair-related documents, plus informative pre-fair updates.
7- Extensive interaction with Capstone staff, especially for colleagues who join more than one fair. This gives you the chance to learn more about student recruitment and the broader societal context in Viet Nam.
8- Organic attendance. Unlike some companies, Capstone doesn’t inflate attendance by paying schools to bus students without regard to their qualifications, hiring services that pay “students” to come, paying student volunteers on a per head basis to “bring a friend,” or offering cash payments to attendees. This is one reason we have a reputation for attracting serious and quality students to our events.
9- Authoritative country briefing by Dr. Mark Ashwill, an international educator and education entrepreneur who has lived and worked in Viet Nam since 2005 and who first traveled to the country in 1996.
10- Capstone scanning system for easy retrieval and storage of student contact information using a QR code or barcode scanner - your choice.
11- Post-fair follow-up. Our staff follow up on all leads via email and phone. We will also translate a message into Vietnamese that you draft for your student contacts, including fairs and high school visits – at no additional charge.
12- Advertising opportunities in the fair guide to increase your visibility during and after the fairs. (The fair guides are distributed to students and parents in our offices and at public events until the next fair series. Here is a link to our fall 2019 fair guide.)
13- Integrity: We always look for best fit institutions for students and their parents. In addition, our fair attendance is organic (e.g., we don't artificially inflate attendance) and our marketing ethical and extensive
14- Free initial advising services: Provided to all participants for all participating schools. 100% of the advising fee (except visa counseling, if desired) is refunded, if students enroll in a partner school
15- Customized marketing and venue layout. Realizing that “one size doesn’t fit all,” we customize some of the marketing and organize the venue layout so that different types of institutions are in different sections of the ballroom to make it easier for students and parents to navigate the event.