FALL 2021 INTERNATIONAL BOARDING & DAY SCHOOL FLEX-FAIRS IN VIET NAM
[PageBreakTitle General Information & the Top 15 Reasons to Join Capstone’s Fairs]
HANOI - HAIPHONG - DANANG - NHA TRANG - HO CHI MINH CITY (HCMC)
OCTOBER 2 - OCTOBER 9, 2021
1. FALL 2020 INTERNATIONAL BOARDING & DAY SCHOOL FLEX-FAIRS FAIRSWe are pleased to invite you to join our popular International Boarding & Day School Flex-Fairs from Saturday, 2 October that include five (5) cities in all three regions of Viet Nam, including key primary and secondary markets.
These fairs are combined with our higher education fairs for the sake of efficiency, because quite a few parents ask about institutions at both levels, and because there has been growing demand in locations outside of Hanoi and HCMC, depending upon overall cost. Let us know if you're interested in joining any of the cities other than Hanoi and HCMC, and we'll let you know if we think it's a good use of your time and school budget, based on local market demand and ability to pay.
Because of the ongoing COVID-19 global pandemic, we have increased the variety of participation options, including online, hence the reference to “flex-fairs.” While the situation in Viet Nam has returned to normal, thanks to the proactive efforts of the government and the cooperation of the people, we realize that many colleagues may not be able to travel internationally in the short term. (In terms of official permission for vaccinated individuals, this may change by the fall. The Vietnamese government is working hard to develop and phase plans for travelers from targeted countries.)
While overall demand has decreased in the current academic year for reasons you’re all familiar with, e.g., parent and student concerns about COVID-19, financial constraints, in some cases, and host country limitations, there is still strong interest in overseas study. Looking ahead to 2022, this is still a great time to begin, or continue, your recruiting efforts in this dynamic market.
Demand for an overseas boarding & day school education remains strong among Vietnamese parents who can afford this life-changing experience for their children. Viet Nam has the third fastest-growing percentage of ultra-high-net-worth individuals in the world, according to Knight Frank, and boasted one of the fastest-growing economies in the world – before COVID-19. In addition, Vietnamese are among the most optimistic in the world about their economic prospects, including post-COVID-19 recovery.
Under normal (non-COVID-19) circumstances, we are joined by Mr. Taylor Smith, our Senior Educational Adviser for North America, who is a retired head of school.
Surrogate and Virtual Participation Options: Since regular representation will probably not be possible in spring 2021, here are some other options for you to consider:
1) A currently enrolled student who is studying online in Viet Nam*;
2) Parents of a currently enrolled student or recent graduate;
3) In country alumni or faculty*; and
4) Online participation with the assistance of a student volunteer provided by Capstone*
* Same cost as regular participation, plus any relevant domestic travel expenses for your representative(s).
2. GENERAL INFORMATION
Fairs are an excellent way to introduce your institution to students and parents who are eager for information about study opportunities and summer programs at international boarding and day schools. In addition to the fairs, representatives are strongly encouraged to participate in school visits, which usually have a mini-fair format.
Capstone Vietnam’s International Boarding & Day School Flex-Fairs benefit both Vietnamese students and overseas boarding & day school representatives in the following ways:
For International Boarding & Day Schools
- An opportunity to meet serious prospective students and parents
- A chance to create or expand brand awareness for your school in Vietnam
- An opportunity to visit Vietnamese schools; and
- Post-fair follow-up via email and phone conducted by Capstone’s educational advisers
For students and parents
- An opportunity to learn about the many advantages of an overseas boarding & day school education, including summer programs
- An opportunity to meet with representatives of excellent boarding and day schools from North America, Europe and other regions
- Free initial advising provided to all attendees for all participating schools. The entire fee is refunded, except visa counseling, if desired, if students ultimately enroll in a partner school. (Capstone treats parents and students as clients, which means our advisers always look for best-fit schools for students, regardless of the status of the short-listed schools, i.e., partner or non-partner.)
Capstone Vietnam Services
- Quick and convenient online registration;
- Institutional profile in the fair guide, which is distributed to all fair attendees, high school students, in our offices, at high schools until the next fair series, and on the Capstone website via its CRM system and a searchable database. (Note: Your institutional profile gives you exposure at all of the fairs, including the ones you choose not to participate in.);
- Advertising opportunities in the fair guide, which amplify your message to students and message, even in fair cities in which you’re not present;
- Additional logistical services (domestic flight booking, hotel reservations, ground transportation);
- Qualified, pre-screened student volunteers/interpreters;
- Convenient and reliable shipping of your materials via Air Concepts OR the less costly option of in-country printing at substantial cost savings;
- Translation and printing of promotional materials, a fee-based service;
- Pre-event, fee-based digital marketing opportunities designed to shine a brighter spotlight on your institution and its key selling points with the goal of driving more traffic to your table;
- Authoritative and detailed country briefing and discussion;
- Ample time for discussion and consultation with Dr. Ashwill and his staff during “fair week” (this, of course, depends upon how many fairs you plan to join);
- You receive the contact information of the students who visit your table at the fairs and at the high schools you visit;
Follow-up via email and telephone on leads generated by the fairs and high school visits starting with those classified as “hot leads”.
15 Reasons to Join Our Fairs:
1- Quality: The quality of our service, staff, student volunteers, marketing, fair guide and other materials.
2- Superior service: During their time here, we take good care of our fair colleagues both professionally and personally, if needed or requested.
3- Reputation: Capstone Vietnam is one of Viet Nam’s leading educational consulting companies. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation, excellence, and ethical business practices. While our official slogan is Reaching New Heights, we wholeheartedly embraced the unattributed saying, Success Without Integrity is Failure.
4- Location: The fairs are offered in key primary and secondary markets representing all three regions of Viet Nam. Let us know if you have any questions about which cities are most suitable for your institution and its unique profile.
5- Outreach to local public, private and international schools that send sizable numbers of students to many English speaking countries for secondary education. This includes large group meetings, classroom visits and mini-fairs. (We try to arrange mini-fairs, whenever possible.)
6- Convenient and quick online registration and access to important fair-related documents, plus informative pre-fair updates.
7- Extensive interaction with Capstone staff, especially for colleagues who join more than one fair. This gives you the chance to learn more about student recruitment and the broader societal context in Viet Nam.
8- Organic attendance. Unlike some companies, Capstone doesn’t inflate attendance by paying schools to bus students without regard to their qualifications, hiring services that pay “students” to come, paying student volunteers on a per head basis to “bring a friend,” or offering cash payments to attendees. This is one reason we have a reputation for attracting serious and quality students to our events.
9- Authoritative country briefing by Dr. Mark Ashwill, an international educator and education entrepreneur who has lived and worked in Viet Nam since 2005 and who first traveled to the country in 1996.
10- Capstone scanning system for easy retrieval and storage of student contact information using a QR code or barcode scanner - your choice.
11- Post-fair follow-up. Our staff follow up on all leads via email and phone. We will also translate a message into Vietnamese that you draft for your student contacts, including fairs and high school visits – at no additional charge.
12- Advertising opportunities in the fair guide to increase your visibility during and after the fairs. (The fair guides are distributed to students and parents in our offices and at public events until the next fair series. Here is a link to our fall 2019 fair guide.)
13- Integrity: We always look for best fit institutions for students and their parents. In addition, our fair attendance is organic (e.g., we don't artificially inflate attendance) and our marketing ethical and extensive
14- Free initial advising services: Provided to all participants for all participating schools. 100% of the advising fee (except visa counseling, if desired) is refunded, if students enroll in a partner school
15- Customized marketing and venue layout. Realizing that “one size doesn’t fit all,” we customize some of the marketing and organize the venue layout so that different types of institutions are in different sections of the ballroom to make it easier for students and parents to navigate the event.
[PageBreakTitle Participation Guidelines]
3. PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Only officially and approved institutions are eligible to participate.
Institutions may be represented by individuals of their choosing. This means a total of three at your table, including your student assistant volunteer provided by Capstone.
Each school will be assisted by a student volunteer, who will help to represent your school and facilitate communication with students and parents. You have the option of contacting your student volunteer(s) before you arrive. There is time set aside for you to meet with them before each fair. We are proud of our student volunteers, who have received consistently outstanding evaluations in each city over the years.
High School Visits
High school visits are scheduled on the basis of interest in overseas boarding & day schools, and ability to pay.
Visa Type (If Travel is Possible)
You should obtain a business visa from the Embassy of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam in your country or one of its consulates with a letter of invitation from Capstone Vietnam that will be sent to you as part of the fair package after you register. Since you will be traveling to Viet Nam for official purposes and participating in public events, it’s important that you have a business visa.
[PageBreakTitle Fair Dates, Sites and Fees]
4. Fair Dates, Sites and Fees
All fair venues are five-star hotels that are well-known to local students and parents.
- Representative joins fairs in person (under normal circumstances)
- Currently enrolled student joins fairs
- A parent of a currently enrolled student or recent graduate joins fairs
- In country alumni or faculty join fairs
- Online participation with a volunteer's assistance
|Fri, October 1 aft. (School visits)
Sat, October 2 (Country Briefing & Fair Day)
|Sun, October 3 (Fair Day)
|Tue, October 5 (School visits & Fair Day)
|Thu, October 7 (School visits & Fair Day)
|Fri, October 8 aft. (School visits)
Sat, October 9 (Fair Day)
- We will continue the schedule of having the Hanoi and HCMC fairs on Saturday and Nha Trang on Sunday. Those are the best days for attendance in those cities. The tour continues with fairs in Danang and Haiphong on the following Tuesday and Thursday
- The Hanoi, HCMC fairs are scheduled from 3-7 p.m. (GMT +7), Haiphong fair is scheduled from 2-6 p.m. (GMT +7), while those in Danang and Nha Trang will be held from 4-8 p.m. (GMT +7).
- A word about domestic transportation: We fly from Hanoi to Danang, Danang to Nha Trang and Nha Trang to Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC). We will travel from Hanoi to Haiphong by bus provided by Capstone on Sunday October 3.
- The fee includes fair registration, student volunteers, full staff support in each city, and ground transportation to related events. High school visits/mini-fairs, the country briefing, and excursion in Danang (to Hoi An) are optional. The fee does not include domestic flights or hotels (We're happy to help you make these arrangements – at no charge. We can add the cost to your invoice or bill you separately.) All of the related activities are part of a package, meaning there is no reimbursement, should you decide not to participate in one or more of them.
- The Online Participation Option gives you the opportunity to chat online with students and parents with the assistance of two highly qualified volunteers. One will be at the fair to collect contact information, distribute promotional materials, and facilitate the online conversation. Another will be in one of Capstone’s offices to act as your interpreter. You will be introduced to your volunteers before the fairs so that you can communicate with them via email and online chat.
- "Literature Only": This includes an institutional profile in our fair guide, inclusion in digital pre-event marketing, and a carefully screened and trained student volunteer who represents your school, answers basic questions, and collects student contact information. We will introduce you to your volunteer(s) before the fairs so that you can communicate with them via email and online chat. In addition, our advisers will follow up with your contacts via email, phone, and Facebook, and share that information so you can do the same.
- Early bird: 5%, if you register by June 15, 2021.
- Multi-city: Three (3) cities: $4,850; four (4) cities: $6,100; five (5) cities: $7,400
- Capstone partner in Viet Nam: 5%, If you’re not already a partner and are interested in becoming one, please let us know and one of our staff will contact you.
Priority Registration Deadline: June 15, 2021. An early bird discount of 5% will be applied to your invoice, if payment is received by June 30, 2021.
Final Registration Deadline: September 3, 2021
Payment Deadline: September 10, 2021
[PageBreakTitle Why Viet Nam?]
5. WHY VIET NAM?
you’re here, you’ve probably already answered this question to your satisfaction but just in case you or your colleagues need more information and a stronger justification for investing in a fair series, here it is. The following articles and posts by Dr. Ashwill contain some of this information.
Vietnamese Enrollments in US Hold Steady in Latest SEVIS Update (2-21)
Will Vietnamese student numbers in the US recover post-COVID? (1-21)
Promoting study in US universities in trying times (7-20)
The reasons for having fairs in Hanoi and HCMC are known to most recruiters. They are the two most important urban centers in Viet Nam with a combined population of over 16 million. The former is the nation’s political capital while the latter is the country's economic engine. Many families in both cities have both the interest in overseas study and the ability to pay for it.
Please let us know if you would like information about the other cities, all of which qualify as secondary markets. One of the key differences between these locations and Hanoi/HCMC is that the English proficiency of students tends to be lower simply because they have not had the advantages, both in and outside of the classroom, that their peers in the major urban centers have. There are fewer overseas study events and therefore a greater need for quality information.
Another obvious reason is the generally high quality of the students not only in the classroom but in extracurricular activities
[PageBreakTitle Online Registration, Payment and Shipment Policies]
6. Online Registration, Payment and Shipment Policies
Method of Payment
After receiving your registration, we will send you an invoice within a week with instructions about international wire transfer or other method of payment, including check or corporate credit card. If you choose to wire your payment to Capstone Vietnam, please email a scanned version to us at [email protected]
50 days + before the first fair: 70% refund.
30-49 days before the first fair: 50% refund
0-29 days before the first fair: No refund
If payment has not been made at the time of cancellation, Capstone Vietnam will invoice schools based on this refund policy. By submitting this registration form, you confirm that you have read and agree to these terms. (We have this policy because some institutions in the past did not pay for their participation in our fairs.)
7. SHIPMENT OF MATERIALS
If you are based in the US, Air Concepts is Capstone Vietnam’s official fair courier service. The company has a reliable in country team, which is important for handling any customs-related problems that may arise.
If you wish to ship your materials directly, your best choice is Fedex or DHL. However, even with Fedex or DHL, there are times when materials are held up in Customs and a fee might be required to obtain them. Occasionally, Customs does not release the materials in time.
8. TRANSLATION AND IN-COUNTRY PRINTING OF MATERIALS
If you have not already done so, it is essential to have your promotional materials translated into Vietnamese. Keep in mind that most Vietnamese parents do not read English and they are the key decision-makers, after all.
Capstone Vietnam can arrange to have your promotional materials printed in country at additional cost. The advantages of in country printing are convenience (e.g., no problems with Customs) and substantial cost-savings, including printing and shipping. We can also ship materials to a recipient of your choosing in Viet Nam (e.g., agent, high school) – at modest cost. Contact us for details.
[PageBreakTitle Marketing and Promotion]
9. MARKETING AND PROMOTION: Capstone invests a considerable amount in marketing and promoting its fairs series, including junior high/high school outreach, digital marketing, extensive use of social media (e.g., Facebook), email blasts, flyer and poster distribution, street banners, phone calls, text messages, and the use of teams of student volunteers in each city. Attendees have the option of registering online, which has some advantages, or simply coming to the fair and registering on-site. Our goal, in the words of one colleague, is “to attract authentic prospective students.”
In addition to the usual pre-fair publicity, we offer several digital marketing options designed to generate additional interest in your school. We’re also willing to organize individual info sessions or coffee talks before or after the fairs on a first come, first served basis. Costs vary, so please contact us for more information.
[PageBreakTitle Institutional Profile in the Fair Guide]
9.1. Institutional Profile in the Fair Guide
We publish a colorful and informative fair guide that is distributed free of charge to all attendees. It provides basic information about institutions, including selling points, academic programs, tuition and fees, admission requirements, etc. It also contains articles of interest to students and parents. Follow this link to have a look at the Fall 2019 and fall 2020 fair guide.
Extra copies of the fair guide will be distributed at the offices of Capstone Vietnam, selected high schools, etc. until the next fair series.
Only institutions that submit their Institutional Profile by the priority deadline will be included in the fair guide.
Color Full Page Mono [Size/Height195mm x Width215mm]
Artwork must be submitted, via e-mail, or a file sharing website. Data format must be in one of the following:
9.2. Fair Marketing and Promotion
We have a multidimensional approach that includes publicizing the events and the participating schools on an individual basis using social media channels, including Facebook, which is the #2 website in Viet Nam, and through our own networks, which consist of Vietnamese of means who are interested in sending their children to a quality international boarding or day school.
We strongly recommend that you have your basic promotional materials in Vietnamese. We can help you with translation and in country printing for a modest fee, which will save you money and time. We’re also happy to distribute these materials to other agents. Finally, this information can also be used in digital format on your website and elsewhere.
It’s essential that students and parents hear from you as soon as possible after the fairs. We provide detailed post-fair follow-up in the form of emails and phone calls to each student who expressed interest in your school starting with the “hot leads” that you have indicated as such.
[PageBreakTitle Advertising in the International Boarding & Day School Fair Guide]
10. Advertising in the International Boarding & Day School Fair Guide
Advertising in the fair guide is open to all accredited and approved schools, regardless of whether or not they participate in the fair series.
Advertising helps to brand your institution and signals your interest in welcoming Vietnamese students to your school. Those that do not participate in the fairs can use advertising as an opportunity for fair attendees and others to learn about the many advantages of attending their school..
Advertising Information and Pricing
Color Half Page (at the end of the fair guide) / [Size/Height 195mm x Width 106mm]
Color Full Page (next to your profile) / [Size/Height 195mm x Width 215 mm]
Artwork must be submitted via e-mail or a file sharing website. Data format must be in one of the following: