Fall 2023 StudyGlobal Education Fairs in Vietnam
HO CHI MINH CITY (HCMC) - HANOI - DANANG
SEPTEMBER 15-19, 2023
Capstone Education cordially invites you to participate in its annual fall StudyGlobal Education Fairs that features three (3) cities in all three regions of Vietnam. Our fairs are open to all approved and accredited secondary and postsecondary institutions. (Note: US colleges and universities must be regionally accredited.)
There are four participation options:
- In-person participation: Colleagues travel to Vietnam to represent their institutions.
- Use of an in-country representative: This includes alumni, parents, and staff.
- Online participation: You chat with students and parents with the assistance of Capstone student volunteers. One will be at the venue to greet visitors, collect contact information for follow-up, answer basic questions, and distribute promotional materials and another will be in one of our offices to facilitate the conversation/translation.
- Literature only: A carefully selected and trained Capstone student volunteer greets visitors, answers basic questions, collects contact information for follow-up, and distributes promotional materials.
We will introduce you to your volunteers, so that you can communicate with them via email and train them via video chat before the fair(s).
[PageBreakTitle General Information & the Top 10 Reasons to Join Capstone’s Fairs]
2. General Information & the Top 10 Reasons to Join Capstone’s Fairs
Demand for overseas study has rebounded since Vietnam entered the new normal era. This is a great time to begin, or continue, your recruiting efforts in this important market.
Our fairs are still a great way to introduce your institution to students and parents in different parts of the country who are eager for information about study opportunities in different countries. It is often the connection you or your representative make with a student or parent that convinces them to choose your institution over others. (This includes juniors and sophomores who will not be applying for overseas study for another year or two.) In addition to the fairs, representatives are strongly encouraged to participate in the related school visits and other activities.
These fairs benefit both Vietnamese students and their parents and your school representatives in the following ways:
For school participation
- An opportunity to meet serious prospective students and their parents who are interested in gaining admission to a high school or higher education institution;
- A comprehensive country briefing that will update you on current market conditions and trends;
- A chance to create or expand brand awareness for your institution via the extensive pre-event marketing and the fairs themselves in Vietnam;
- Post-fair follow-up via email, telephone, and Facebook conducted by Capstone’s counselors.
- Students and parents can search for participating schools on Capstone’s website using a searchable database that is linked to our in-house CRM system.
- A digital copy of the fair guide will be available on Capstone’s Issuu page following the fairs.
For students and parents
- An opportunity to learn about the many advantages of overseas study, including internships and post-graduation employment opportunities;
- A chance to meet with representatives of officially approved high schools, officially accredited institutions of higher education and, in the case of the US, regionally accredited colleges and universities;
- Informative presentations about important topics of interest such as career assessment, and introversion, extroversion and their implications for study, work, and life; and
- Free initial advising provided to all participants for all participating schools. The entire fee is refunded, except visa counseling, if desired, if students enroll in a partner school. Our unique advising approach treats parents and students as our primary clients, not partner schools. We look for best-fit institutions for each and every student.
Capstone Vietnam Services
- Quick and convenient online registration;
- Institutional profile in the fair guide, which is distributed to all fair attendees, local school students and in our offices until the next fair series, and digital version of the fair guide on the Capstone website via its CRM system and a searchable database. (Note: Your institutional profile gives you exposure at all of the fairs, including the ones you choose not to participate in.);
- Advertising opportunities in the fair guide, which amplify your message to students and message, even in fair cities in which you’re not present;
- Additional logistical services (domestic flight booking, hotel reservations, ground transportation);
- Qualified, pre-screened student volunteers/interpreters;
- Convenient and reliable shipping of your materials via Air Concepts OR the less costly option of in-country printing at substantial cost savings;
- Translation and printing of promotional materials, a fee-based service;
- Pre-event, fee-based digital marketing opportunities designed to shine a brighter spotlight on your institution and its key selling points with the goal of driving more traffic to your table;
- Authoritative and detailed country briefing and discussion;
- Ample time for discussion and consultation with Dr. Ashwill and his staff during “fair week” (this, of course, depends upon how many fairs you plan to join);
- You receive the contact information of the students who visit your table at the fairs and at the schools you visit;
- Follow-up via email, telephone, and chat apps on leads generated by the fairs and school visits starting with those classified as “hot leads”.
10 Reasons to Join Our Fairs
1- Quality: Only officially approved high schools, officially accredited institutions of higher education and, in the case of the US, regionally accredited colleges and universities, are allowed to join our Hybrid fairs. This is good both for you and the students/parents who attend our fairs, for whom quality is of paramount importance. Honor by association is a win-win proposition.
2- Reputation: Capstone Vietnam is one of Vietnam’s leading educational consulting companies. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation, excellence, and ethical business practices. While our official slogan is Reaching New Heights, we wholeheartedly embraced the unattributed saying, Success Without Integrity is Failure.
3- Location: The fairs are offered in key primary and secondary markets representing all three regions of Vietnam. Let us know if you have any questions about which cities are most suitable for your institution and its unique profile.
4- Outreach to local public, private and international schools that send sizable numbers of graduates to study overseas. This includes large group meetings, classroom visits and mini-fairs. (We try to arrange mini-fairs, whenever possible.)
5- Convenient and quick online registration and access to important fair-related documents, plus informative pre-fair updates.
6- Organic attendance: Capstone prides itself on reaching out to and attracting bona fide students to its fairs through quality and ethical digital and offline marketing.
7- Authoritative country briefing by Dr. Mark Ashwill, an international educator who has lived and worked in Viet Nam since 2005 and first traveled to the country in 1996.
8- Post-fair follow-up: Our staff follow up on all leads. We will also translate a message into Vietnamese that you draft for your student contacts, including fairs and school visits – at no additional charge.
9- Integrity: We always look for the best fit institutions for students and their parents. In addition, our fair attendance is organic (e.g., we don't artificially inflate attendance) and our marketing ethical.
10- Free initial advising services: are provided to all participants. 100% of the advising fee (except visa counseling if desired) is refunded, if students enroll in a partner school. This unique approach to educational advising is explained here.
[PageBreakTitle Participation Guidelines]
3. Participation Guidelines
Capstone works exclusively with officially approved high schools and accredited institutions of higher education. In the case of the US colleges and universities, we work exclusively with regionally accredited institutions.
Institutions may be represented by two individuals of their choosing. This means a total of three at your table, including your student assistant volunteer provided by Capstone.
Each school will be assisted by a student volunteer, who will help to represent your school and facilitate communication with students and parents. You have the option of contacting your student volunteer(s) before you arrive. There is time set aside for you to meet with them before each fair. We are proud of our student volunteers, who have received consistently outstanding evaluations in each city over the years.
In addition to all of the above, Capstone hosts a group dinner in HCMC or Hanoi, and organizes an excursion to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Hoi An for those who participate in the Danang fair. Both are great opportunities to network in a relaxed setting and learn more about Vietnamese culture.
[PageBreakTitle Why Vietnam?]
4. Why Vietnam?
Since you’re here, you’ve probably already answered this question to your satisfaction but just in case you or your colleagues need more information and a stronger justification for investing in a fair series, let us know.
The reasons for having fairs in Hanoi and HCMC are known to most recruiters. They are the two most important urban centers in Vietnam with a combined population of nearly 15 million. The former is the nation’s political capital while the latter is the country's economic engine. Many families in both cities have both the interest in overseas study and the ability to pay for it.
Please let us know if you would like information about Danang, which qualifies as a secondary market.
[PageBreakTitle Fair Date, Fee, and Discounts]
5. Fair Date, Fee, and Discounts
All fair venues are four- and five-star hotels that are well-known to local students and parents.
- In-person participation
- Use of an in-country representative
|Online participation with a volunteer's assistance
|Fri, September 15 (School Visits & Country Briefing)
Sat, September 16 (Fair Day)
||Rex Hotel Saigon
|Sun, September 17 (Fair Day)
Mon, September 18 (School Visits)
||Hotel du Parc Hanoi
|Tue, September 19
(School Visits & Fair Day)
||Novotel Danang Premier Han River
- The HCMC, Hanoi fairs are scheduled from 2:00-6:00 p.m. (GMT +7), while the Danang fair will be held from 4-8 p.m. (GMT +7).
- A word about domestic transportation: We fly from HCMC to Hanoi and Hanoi to Danang.
- The fee includes fair registration, student volunteers, full staff support in each city, and ground transportation to related events. The country briefing and high school visits are optional. The fee does not include domestic flights or hotels (We're happy to help you make these arrangements - at no charge. We can add the cost to your invoice or bill you separately.) All of the related activities are part of a package, meaning there is no reimbursement, should you decide not to participate in one or more of them.
- The Online Participation Option gives you the opportunity to chat online with students and parents with the assistance of two highly qualified volunteers. One will be at the fair to collect contact information, distribute promotional materials, and facilitate the online conversation/interpretation. Another will be in one of Capstone’s offices to act as your interpreter. You will be introduced to your volunteers before the fairs so that you can communicate with them via email and online chat.
- Literature Only includes an institutional profile in our fair guide, inclusion in digital pre-event marketing, and a carefully screened and trained student volunteer who represents your school, answers basic questions, and collects student contact information. We will introduce you to your volunteer(s) before the fairs so that you can communicate with them via email and online chat. In addition, our advisers will follow up with your contacts via email, phone, and chat app, and share that information so you can do the same.
• Early bird: 5% if you register by May 15, 2023.
• Multi-city: Three (3) cities: US$ 4,850
• Capstone partner: 5%, If you’re not already a partner and are interested in becoming one, please let us know. Ask about our partner's benefits.
Priority Registration Deadline: May 15, 2023. An early bird discount of 5% will be applied to your invoice, if payment is received by May 30, 2023.
Final Registration Deadline: August 15, 2023
Payment Deadline: August 25, 2023
[PageBreakTitle Online Registration, Payment and Cancellation Policy]
6. Online Registration, Payment and Cancellation Policy
Method of payment
After receiving your registration, we will send you an invoice within a week with instructions about the international wire transfer or other method of payment. After you wire the payment to Capstone Vietnam, please email a scanned version to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
50 days + before the fair: 70% refund.
30-49 days before the fair: 50% refund
0-29 days before the fair: No refund
If payment has not been made at the time of cancellation, Capstone Vietnam will invoice schools based on this refund policy. By submitting this registration form, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to these terms.
[PageBreakTitle Shipment of Materials]
7. Shipment of Materials
You may choose Air Concepts, which has a good in-country team. This is important for handling any customs-related problems that may arise. Once you register, you will receive a fair package with information about this option. It's your choice.
If you wish to ship your materials directly, your best choice is Fedex or DHL. However, even with Fedex or DHL, there are times when materials are held up in Customs and a fee is required to obtain them. In many cases, Customs does not release materials in time for the fairs, which results in a waste of time and money.
[PageBreakTitle Marketing and Promotion]
8. Marketing and Promotion
Capstone invests a considerable amount in marketing and promoting its fairs series, including junior high/high school school outreach, online marketing, extensive use of social media (e.g., Facebook), email blasts, a promotional video, flyer and poster distribution, street banners, phone calls, text messages, and the use of teams of student volunteers in each fair city, and through our own networks, which consist of Vietnamese of means who are interested in sending their children to study overseas.
Attendees have the option of registering online, the main advantage of which is streamlined entry to the fair, or on-site registration. Our goal, in the words of one colleague whose testimonial appears above, is “to attract authentic prospective students.” We dot our bureaucratic I’s and cross our T’s, meaning we secure all the necessary permissions from the authorities for the fairs and related activities.
The Capstone Scanning System allows you or your student volunteers to scan student information using a barcode scanner, which we supply at no additional charge, or a QR Code scanner using your iPhone or iPad. This means you have real-time information about the students coming to your table, which facilitates quick follow-up.
[PageBreakTitle Institutional Profile in the Fair Guide]
9. Institutional Profile in the Fair Guide
We publish a colorful and informative digital fair guide that is distributed free of charge to all attendees. It provides basic information about institutions, including selling points, academic programs, tuition and fees, admission requirements, etc. It also contains articles of interest to students and parents. Follow this link to have a look at the spring 2023 fair guides. The digital fair guide will be posted on Capstone’s Issuu page.
Extra copies of the fair guide will be distributed at the offices of Capstone Education, selected schools, etc. until the next fair series.
Only institutions that submit their institutional profile by the priority deadline will be included in the fair guide.
|Color Full Page Mono [Size/Height195mm x Width215mm]
[PageBreakTitle Other Promotional Opportunities]
10. Other Promotional Opportunities
We offer three promotional opportunities, in addition to the usual pre-fair publicity, designed to generate additional student and parent interest in your institution.
10.1 Fair guide advertising
You have a choice of two ads - at modest cost - to help brand your institution and signal your interest in welcoming Vietnamese students to your campus. This opportunity is available to all officially approved high schools and accredited institutions for higher education, regardless of whether they participate in the fair series.
|Color Half Page (at the end of the fair guide) / [Size/Height 195mm x Width 106mm]
|Color Full Page (next to your profile) / [Size/Height 195mm x Width 215 mm]
10.2 Translation and In-country printing of materials
If you have not already done so, it is essential to have your promotional materials translated into Vietnamese. Keep in mind that most Vietnamese parents do not read English and they are the key decision-makers, after all.
We can also arrange to have your promotional materials printed in-country at additional cost. The advantages of in-country printing are convenience (e.g., no problems with Customs) and substantial cost-savings, including printing and shipping. Contact us for details.
10.3 Online & Offline marketing packages
We also offer these packages to launch before and/or after the fairs, so please let us know your interest and budget for a customized design. This is a fee-based service that is in addition to the pre-event marketing we do for the series as a whole, by city, and by institution.
Here’s what some colleagues have had to say about Capstone Vietnam and our fairs.
The Capstone student recruitment fair was an excellent opportunity to introduce San Francisco Christian School to a good group of qualified and motivated students. The event was extremely well-organized, publicized, and supported by the Capstone team. We look forward to attending future events and forging a long term relationship with Capstone as a major part of our marketing plan in Vietnam.
San Francisco Christian School
MTSU participated in the Capstone Vietnam virtual Fall (2020) Flex Fairs in five Vietnamese cities in November. These were the first hybrid type virtual fairs that I have done. The format included an MTSU representative on site, a designated translator in the Capstone office, and me, an international student recruiter, on my laptop in Tennessee. Previously, I had done only in person or all online virtual fairs. This format provided the best of both virtual and in person representation. The Capstone assigned representative and translator was outstanding. They were very knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and eager to promote my university. Moreover, the format was easy to use and glitch free. The Capstone staff gave excellent customer service and assistance in building the virtual booths, uploading the required documents, and answering all my questions. After the fair, we were also given important and targeted diagnostics which enabled me to follow up on all the visitors to our booth and all the student participants in the virtual fair. These valuable leads will prove invaluable to our outreach strategy for Vietnamese students. The quality of the prospective students was also excellent. I found them to be very serious, well-qualified, knowledgeable about the US higher education system, and confident to ask the right questions. They seemed to know exactly what they wanted from a US American degree.
I’ve participated in over 30 virtual fairs all around the world this year, and I can say with certainty that the Capstone Vietnam organization is superior. They offer excellent customer service, great access to well-qualified students, and a true commitment to international education. I am grateful to have found such a great partner in Vietnam to promote my university. Please do contact me if you need further information
John Wilson, Ed.D.,
International Student Recruiter,
Middle Tennessee State University (Tennessee, USA)
I have been delighted to work directly with Capstone Vietnam for the past three years, though their relationship with my college has existed much longer. As an agency, they are relationship focused, transparent, caring and highly ethical. It is very clear they are invested in educating HEIs about trends and best practices in the region and will offer any support services needed for HEIs to be successful (they’ll even take you to the pharmacy if you find yourself in need!).
Capstone has sent us several of our top students from Vietnam, and as a true testament to their great work, we will be receiving the younger sibling of one of our Capstone graduates next quarter—nothing speaks to real, long-term family satisfaction as much as sending another child.
I feel very confident in recommending Capstone to HEIs that are interested in building their portfolio in Vietnam. I also welcome people to reach out if they want more in depth feedback. I certainly have many more good things to say.
Lisa A. Maroni,
Senior Associate Director, International Outreach,
Shoreline Community College (Washington, USA)
This fall’s Capstone Education Fair series was excellent, as usual! The fairs were well organized and well attended, and I’m always amazed at the huge number of well-trained student volunteers who help with interpreting and other logistics—they really do a great job. The Capstone staff are enjoyable to travel with, and I am looking forward to my next trip to Vietnam with Capstone!
Former Associate Director, International Admissions, Office of International Students and Scholars,
University of St. Thomas (Minnesota, USA)
I really enjoy the Capstone events; all the school visits and fairs are well-organized. I met many qualified students. Capstone provides both university reps and students/parents a wonderful opportunity to have long and great conversations instead of counting the number of students we talk to each day. Capstone staff are experienced and student assistants are so helpful during the fairs.
International Admissions Counselor Stony Brook University (New York, USA)
Thank you so much for all your hard work, your flexibility and diligence in pulling together everything for a very successful recruitment event.
It was an absolute pleasure working with your professional, dedicated and client-focused team in September of 2019 in Vietnam. Our several event days flowed smoothly and a number of guests remarked how much attention to detail there was, from the moment they walked into our rooms.
I want to say a big thank you for your efforts and amazing assistance to Pures College by the Capstone team. I am glad I have been able to work with individuals who were so determined and committed to making this event a success. I do hope we will meet again soon.
Overseas Marketing and Recruitment Manager,
Pures College of Technology (Ontario, Canada)
Mark A. Ashwill and the Capstone Vietnam staff are phenomenal!!! They go above and beyond with their professionalism, their communication and follow-up and, most important and impressive to me, their hospitality! My institutions and I have participated in Vietnam recruiting trips with Capstone Vietnam now for the past two years and they have been nothing but the best experiences for me. My institutions and I look forward to hopefully many more years of partnership with Capstone and helping give prospective Vietnamese students and families the best and most accurate information to help them make a very important decision! I have nothing but positive things to say about Capstone Vietnam, Mark and the Capstone staff. They are truly wonderful to work with!
Former Assistant Director of Admission, Intercultural LEAD (I-LEAD) Fellowship Program Liaison,
College of Saint Benedict & Saint John’s University (Minnesota, USA)
Deciding what country to invest costly recruitment efforts in is always a risk. And personally, traveling to a new country can be tough. Mark Ashwill and his Capstone staff alleviated that travel stress and affirmed our decision to invest in Vietnamese student recruitment with a detailed pre-communication plan and an organized approach to recruitment visits. With only one trip with Capstone, we are optimistic our Vietnamese student enrollment will increase.
Assistant Vice President of Enrollment Management,
Carson-Newman University (Tennessee, USA)
Capstone Vietnam organizes the best U.S. college tour in Vietnam. They cater to universities and community colleges and have many years of experience. Their knowledge of the market is unlike any other company in the region. I recommend using their services if you want to find high-quality Vietnamese students for your institution.
Managing Director, International Student Recruitment & Global Engagement,
Valencia College, (Florida, USA)
After participating in Capstone’s four-city Vietnamese student recruitment tour, one can’t help but be impressed. From the leadership team of Mark Ashwill and Hang Pham, to the coordinators and student translators, they were all friendly, caring, and professional. Capstone’s ability to network and effectively bring large numbers of Vietnamese students to the recruiting events was impressive. Their ability to use a warm, personal touch to create a feeling of excitement about the idea of studying in the U.S. was exceptional. I was so impressed when the Vietnamese students walked into the recruiting events --- they were well briefed on the benefits of studying in the U.S. and they were already excited to enroll in our University. If you are charged with recruiting high-quality Vietnamese students to your institution, I have no doubt that Capstone will do a terrific job to help you achieve your goals. As an organization that not only knows how to connect higher education with high-quality students, but also knows how to graciously host Americans in an exotic and wonderful country, I give Capstone my highest recommendation.
A. Keith Dils, Ed.D.,
Dean, College of Education, Slippery Rock University (Pennsylvania, USA)
We have worked with Capstone Vietnam over the past several years. They are exceptional partners in helping our college establish a strong presence in Vietnam. Their knowledge and understanding of the Vietnamese market and educational system has greatly supported our efforts to increase enrollments from Vietnam. Thank you, Capstone!
Diana Sampson, former Executive Director, International Education,
Shoreline Community College (Washington, USA)
I have been working with Capstone Vietnam since its inception. Capstone’s professional way of doing business, the immense knowledge of the U.S. higher education system that their staff possess and the incredibly successful fairs they organize are the reasons Edmonds Community College has participated in all of their events related to studying in the United States.
Director of International Student Recruitment,
Edmonds Community College (Washington, USA)
Capstone provides excellent service to both potential U.S. international students and the schools that attend their fairs. It's clear Capstone knows how to attract authentic prospective students. Excellent planning, training of staff and volunteers, outreach and follow-up.
California State University-East Bay
I was very pleased by both the quantity and quality of the students I spoke with at the Capstone Vietnam fairs. Five students completed applications as a result of the fairs and I have corresponded with several fair participants by email. I look forward to working with Capstone Vietnam again in the future.
Former Manager of International Admissions
Columbia College (Missouri, USA)
I have spent a lot of time living and working in Asia, but this was my first experience recruiting in Vietnam. I am very happy I joined the Capstone Vietnam recruiting tour. The in-depth knowledge and understanding that Capstone staff brought to and shared with the group was a great way to get introduced to the students, the schools and the educational system there. They provided a great infrastructure for us. I visited a lot of schools and talked to a lot of students I would not have been in touch with otherwise. It was educational, and even fun!
Associate Director/International Enrollment,
Rochester Institute of Technology/RIT (New York, USA)
Capstone Vietnam is a recruitment agency like no other I've used: diligent, professional, and ethical. It's more than getting payment; it's also ensuring my institution and the student are good fits for each other. They achieve this goal by investing significantly in educating their clients--the recruiters and the students. Capstone Vietnam is an agency I can trust.
Director, Office of Internationalization, Professor of English for Academic Purposes,
Georgia Gwinnett College (Georgia, USA)
If you need more information, please contact us at email@example.com